About Whittlesea Secondary College
Whittlesea Secondary College we encourage families, the broader community and young people to hold high expectations for their educational learning. We believe powerful learning occurs in an environment offering support, challenge and the development of self esteem.
Our students are…
- Successful learners, who have the essential skills in literacy & numeracy and are creative and productive users of technology, especially ICT, as a foundation for success in all learning areas.
- Confident and creative individuals, who demonstrate personal values and attributes such as honesty, resilience, empathy and respect for others.
- Active and informed global citizens, who are responsible and work to sustain and improve natural and social environments.
Whittlesea Secondary College provides students with:
- Extension and Acceleration programs
- Broad based VCE, VET and VCAL courses
- Extensive sports, excursion and camp programs
- Emphasis on literacy and numeracy fundamentals
- Strong industry links, especially for apprenticeships
- Excellent student leadership courses and student support programs
- Outstanding Instrumental Music Program – Jazz, Brass, Rock, Percussion and Concert Bands
- Exceptional Performing Arts programs and facilities